I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind



Genre: Fantasy / Romance / Magic
Richard and Kahlan finally get what they both have wanted for the past few months.  The Sword of Truth is out of Richard's hands, but he discovers he doesn't need the magic of the sword to bring forth greatness, though he still doesn't seem to think he's great.  Lots of new characters, lots of twists, corruption and wickedness.  Another great story from the Good Kind of fantasy, Terry Goodkind.

Back Cover:
Richard Rahl has traveled far from his days as a simple forest guide.  Emperor of D'hara, war wizard, the Seeker of Truth--none of these roles mean as much to him as his newest.  For Richard Rahl is now husband to Kahlan Amnell.

But there wedding is the key that unlocks a faraway spell, and now a deadly power pours forth across the world.

Separated from the Sword of Truth, stripped of their magic, Richard and Kahlan must journey across the Midlands to confront a secret from their past, and a trap that could tear them apart.  For there's no place so dangerous as a world without magic...

Took me a couple of months to read this due to lack of time because of college, but around midway through I started to read a bit quicker, finding myself more intrigued by the storyline. By the end I was fully captivated.

This went from a 3 star book to a 4 star within the last 5ish chapters. I'm definitely desiring to read the next book.

Also, I'd like to say that I don't think Dalton a wicked character. I definitely felt myself feeling for his poor situation. He's a likeable character in my opinion.

Terry Goodkind can't disappoint. He feigns the ease of it, but by the end of his books I always find myself wanting to read the next one. This is by far my favorite fantasy series yet.

Shame on anyone who thinks evil of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment