I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Friday, January 15, 2021

The Gravity Between Us

Genre: Romance / Lesbian / Fiction

First, before I get into the review, I'd like to apologize for how long it's been since I've actually done a review. Life kind of took hold of me and I find it hard to find the time to read much less do reviews of the books I read. In any case, I apologize. Onward to the review...

So far as I know, this is a standalone novel. Kristen Zimmer hasn't written anything else that I was able to find so far. It's her first and only novel to date.

The Gravity Between Us takes us through the eyes of Payton who is musically inclined, and Kendall who is an up and coming actress. The two have been friends since childhood and it soon is discovered that both have deeper feelings than just a friendship.

--

Goodreads Synopsis:
Where does friendship stop and love begin?

At just 19, Kendall Bettencourt is Hollywood’s hottest young starlet with the world at her feet – but behind the glamour and designer dresses is a girl who longs for normal.

Payton Taylor is Kendall’s best friend since childhood, and the one person who reminds her of who she really is – her refuge from the craziness of celebrity life.

With her career taking off, Kendall moves Payton to LA to help keep her sane. But Payton is hiding a secret that could make everything ten times worse. Because to her, Kendall is more than a best friend – she is the only girl that she has ever loved.

Just as they need each other more than ever, they’ll have to answer the question of where friendship stops and love begins? And find out whether the feelings they have can survive the mounting pressure of fame…

The Gravity Between Us is a daring, romantic, emotional story about friendship, love, and finding the courage to be yourself in a crazy world.

New Adult novel: recommended for 17+ due to mature themes and sexual content



I originally got this book to read with a girlfriend of mine, having been in the want of sharing books with a significant other. We read the first 80 or so pages together, before some tragic event, that I wont get into, happened and we parted ways.  Needless to say it was over a year before I picked this book up again to finally finish it. I was glad that I did, as I couldn't put the thing down for long periods of time.

The author has a way with words that just seem to draw you in.  She makes you want to know what happens in the coming chapters.  The anticipation absolutely drove me insane.  I couldn't wait to see what our author had in store for our two lovely characters.  It was easy to connect to the characters in the way that only love can lead you to anticipate.  It was an anxious yearning sort of thing, very reminiscent of past events, for me at least.  It was excellently thought out to the very end.  I do have to say though that the ending felt a bit corny, but in a very good way.  It closes the chapters up nice and tight, letting the story come to a solid conclusion.  

All in all, I'd say this was one of my favorite lesbian reads, and I find that it is fair to say I believe more should pick this book up for a worthwhile read.  Even goodreads ratings prove how well this book has been written.  If you don't believe me, read it yourself and you will see how amazing it truly is.  I can't wait to see what else Kristen Zimmer has in store for us for future novels.


As you can surely guess, my rating is 5 pinwheels out of 5.


Shame on those who think evil of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment