I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Annie on my Mind - Nancy Garden

Genre: Lesbian/Romantic/Young Adult

Basically this is a love story about a young girl who falls in love with another girl. I don't know how more to say it than that without giving a lot away.



Back Cover:

"If you don't put that ring on this minute, I'm going to take it back," Annie Whispered in my ear. She leaned back, looking at me, her hands still on my shoulders, her eyes shining softly at me and snow falling, melting, on her nose. "Buon Natale," she whispered, "amore mio."
Merry Christmas, my love," I answered.

From the moment Liza Winthrop meets Annie Kenyon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, she knows there is something special between them. But Liza never knew falling in love could be so wonderful...or so confusing.
I thought this book was a really sweet love story between too girls who are discovering what it really means to love someone else. More than anything, it's a story about love, and it was touching, and had a good moral which is this: "Don't let ignorance win," said Ms Stevenson. "Let love."

My favorite part of this book was this "Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can't understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?" I think that really describes what it means to love someone.

So if that doesn't make you want to read this book, then you're missing out. If you like love stories you might find this to be quite good. I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves shy romance.
Shame on anyone who thinks evil of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment