I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Friday, December 28, 2012

Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind






Genre: Adult / Fantasy / Romance

My Synopsis:
This is the fourth book in the Sword of Truth Series.  Three interesting characters show up at the Confessor’s Palace at the same time:  An evil wizard claiming to want to kill Richard and Kahlan, a woman from Richard’s past who wants to claim him due to a prophecy told to her by the witch named Shota, a healer named Drefan who also happens to be Richard’s half-brother.  A plague breaks out and Richard must be betrayed by Kahlan or all is lost.

Back Cover:
Everything Richard Rahl has learned will be for naught as the ruthless Emperor Jagang returns with his vast legions…heralded by a mystical plague that kills innocents in thousands.
Richard must now challenge the undefeatable: the magic that thwarts magic, sealed away for three thousand years in the Temple of the Winds.
Prodded by prophecy, shadowed by betrayal, to complete his mission Richard must accept the Truth and find a way to pay the price the winds demand…before he and the world both perish.


If you haven’t yet…go check out my review of Blood of the Fold, it doesn’t do the series justice of course, but maybe it’ll give you some insight into this series if you haven’t read it.  I’m sorry to say I don’t yet have a review of Wizards First Rule or Stone of Tears, and may never have some, unless I get the chance to reread them in the future.  It’s been too long since I’ve read them to give proper reviews, but I think I have reviews of them on my Goodreads.com. 

Now, I assume you’ve already: read the series to this point, are ahead of me, or have read my review of Blood of the Fold, so let’s begin.  This book instantly caught my attention, and I had wanted to read this for quite some time.  I finally broke down and had the bookstore order it for me.  I was not disappointed.  The first words spoken in this book are from my favorite character Cara: “Let me kill him,” I instantly started cracking up because it’s such a Cara thing to say.  If you’re familiar with the Sword of Truth series, you’ll know what I’m talking about.  Cara is an important character throughout the beginning of this book, which instantly made this my favorite book in the series so far.  She stays pretty important to the entire book as well.  Good storyline for this one, as well as a good ending to it.  It makes me wonder what happens next. 

I just so happen to have the next book in my possession so I might give that a read as soon as I finish reading Hyperion.

Shame on anyone who thinks evil of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment