I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Journey by Dan O'Brien




Genre:  Spiritual / Sci-fi
A story of a spiritual journey, an understanding.

Back Cover:
The Frozen Man.  The Translucent Man.  The Burning Man.  The Wicker Man.  The guide known only as the Crossroads, together these are the signposts and totems of the world that the being called the Lonely inhabits.  Seeking out the meaning of his journey, the Lonely is a being consumed by philosophical inquiry and adventure.  Filled with exotic places and age-old questions, the Journey is a book that seeks to merge the fantastical and real.  Join the Lonely as he seeks out answers to his own existence and perhaps the meaning for us all.
 

At times I can honestly say I didn’t understand this book.  It wasn’t an easy to comprehend novel to read, but that’s probably my fault more than the books.  It’s definitely worth a read if you can manage to comprehend the meaning behind it.  I think it’s really intense, and I might just not be at the right level of understanding.  I did however enjoy the section about the Chameleon.  It was definitely my favorite part of the novel. 

Did I mention Dan O’Brien is the son-in-law of the people I’m staying with?  Yeah.  True story.

Shame on anyone who thinks evil of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment