I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Haul #1

Went to the book store last Friday to drop off some books for store credit, and just today picked up 3, using only $5 of that $10 store credit. Looks like I have to make another stop by there sometime in March.

So what did I pick up?

The second book of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Saga, Speaker for the Dead.

I've been wanting to read this one for a while, and about 2 posts ago I posted that I would like to read it if the time was right...Obviously the time was right, because lucky for me the book store had a used copy, so I got it for half price due to having store credit. I can't WAIT to read this.

I'm sure Wednesday's at the college wont be so terrible if I have this to read!

A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. I've been wanting to read this for a while since people have been talking about it all over the internet.

The woman in the book store said it was one of her favorites and that I wouldn't be disappointed. I truly hope that I am not. Lucky for me, this book was also used, therefore I got it for half price because of my store credit! ;)

The Time Machine / The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells. I can't remember if I made a post about War of the Worlds or not, but I did read that sometime last year...Okay so I was kind of disappointed in that one...but I saw the movie for The Time Machine, and I've been wanting to read it for a while.

I haven't even heard of The Invisible Man...But what could I do with a 2 for the price of one deal? It's classic literature, and I'm sure I wont be to overly disappointed, at least I hope not.

This book, unfortunately, was brand new and therefore I had to pay full price...But that's alright with me. I never feel guilty about buying books. I do hope that I get the chance to buy some more come March.



For me reading is simple fun, and along with it, research. It's best to start with classics, but hey, I'll give anything a read, even if it's relatively new.

No comments:

Post a Comment