I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Series~~


Series I want to start reading sometime this year[If the moods right]:


Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert...Book #1
I saw parts of the movie and thought it was quite peculiar. The stranger things are at times, the more I find myself interested in them. I've heard a lot of terrible things about this book, but that's not going to stop me from reading it at some point.
Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau...Book #1
One morning I was having a terrible time sleeping so I was flipping through the channels and I came across the movie The City of Ember I hadn't heard of it so I turned it on because the title sounded interesting, it just so happens that it's Steampunk related which is right up my alley. I later found out there's a book and I got totally stoked because generally books are better than the movies made after them. I read on and discovered it's an entire series, that got me interested. I definitely can't wait to start this series!



Legacy of the Drow series by R.A. Salvatore...Book #1
You might not know this, seeing as I have yet to post any reviews about R.A. Salvatore books, but I am a huge fan. Actually I might have reviewed The Dark Elf Trilogy. I cannot recall as I'm typing this. If so, my mistake. I actually read this book in high school, but I was terribly rushed because I was borrowing it from a friend, and one of his other friends requested to read it. I never got around to reading the next book because I couldn't find it anywhere but online. I'll pick it up one day and give it another go around, I know I wont be disappointed.
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket...Book #1
I think I might have read this ages ago, but I can't remember. I ended up watching the movie at some point and found myself wanting to read the books because I came across them at some point on goodreads or otherwise. It's been on my to reads list for a while, and I hope that I eventually get around to reading it!
Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer...Book #1
I've come across this book on many blogs, and the more I read about it, the more interested I become. Seeing that it's about androids, it sounds like it's something I'd enjoy. Not only is it Science Fiction, but it's also Steampunk, which makes it that much more interesting. I definitely want to read this at some point, hopefully in the near future.

Shadow series by Orson Scott Card...Book #1
Okay, so I'm not even close to being done with Ender's Saga, so before I start this series I know I need to finish that first. I'm tempted to skip some of the saga and just head right into Shadow, but I know I probably wont. I am interested in finding out more about the world that Orson Scott Card has developed.

Space Odyssey series by Arthur C. Clarke...Book #1
I've come across this book a few times around the net, and the title itself is captivating, so I read up a synopsis and found myself interested. I also wrote a smidgen about Arthur C. Clarke in my research paper about the History of Science Fiction Literature, and that seemed to trigger my desire that much more. I know I will eventually pick this book up.

Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black...Book #1
I think I might have read the first book of this a long time ago, but since I don't remember it's best to start at book 1. I saw the movie and absolutely adored it, so naturally, I want to read this. ;)
Time series by Madeleine L'Engle...Book #1
I've been wanting to read this for more than 5 years. I've read about it around the net multiple times, and all I've heard is good things about it. I'm hoping to enjoy this!

Xanth series by Piers Anthony...Book #1
I came across this a while back when I was browsing for something to read. I never did get around to reading it. A friend of mine has read the whole series and loves it. I'm almost afraid to start it because the series is so long. I'd be afraid of not finishing it ever. Haha. I'm really slow at reading series. Though I've heard good things about it, and I know I should give it a shot at some point, I want to.
*********************************************************************************
Series I want to continue with this year [If the moods right]:




Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel...Book #3.
I own the first 4 of this series and I plan to obtain the rest as I can. No disappointments so far with this series, other than the jumping around, which in itself just built up the story, so not really a flaw, but I would like to read more about Ayla as opposed to other characters.


Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card...Book #2
Ender's game is one of my favorite books of all time. I've read it twice. The first time I had to read it for English class in Junior year of High school. It was either Ender's game or some boring book that I wasn't interested in, naturally, I chose Ender's Game because the story was appealing. The second time was for my book club in 2011. ;) Suggested by me of course. I've known for a while that it was the first of a series, but never got around to reading it, I hope I get around to that soon! Only about 3 more books in this short series, then I can get around to some of the other Ender series, like Shadow.
Halo series by Eric Nylund...Book #3
Okay, so he didn't write #2 of this series, but it was still okay. I did enjoy #1 greatly, not so much the second one but only for the reason that I've played the game and the game is better in my opinion. Of course, I did enjoy the insight into the minds of the aliens. Therefore, I definitely want to give this one a read when I get the chance. I hope it's as good as #1 was. It reminded me a bit of Ender's Game. ;)




Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins...Book #2
I don't usually read series when I know they are popular; however, that didn't keep me from picking this book up. I know I've read books in the past that are considered popular books, but at the time of reading them I had no idea. This book, I knew was popular. What made me want to read it more than I already wanted to is because it's one of Blair Butler's favorites, and I'm a fan of her so...Yeah. I picked it up short after that, and couldn't set it down. I was captivated. Can't wait to read this!

In Her Name series by Michael R. Hicks...Book #2
I believe I found out about Michael because we tweeted on twitter, I'm not sure. I read his first book and it's amazing. I also interviewed him for a paper last semester about the History of Science Fiction Literature.  He's a really nice guy, and if you haven't read In Her Name: Empire, what the hell are you waiting for? Go pick it up!
Indian in the Cupboard series by Lynne Reid Banks...Book #3
A while back I came across this book in goodreads but I have yet to read it. I enjoyed the first 2 when I was a kid and kept wanting more, I think I had the chance maybe to read this and I forgot as a kid. I was just getting into reading at the time. I just today found out that there's 2 more that follow it. I can't wait to finish this series. Really it's more of a Quintet then a series, but close enough. ;)

Resident Evil series by S.D. Perry...Book #5
There is more than one Resident Evil book series floating around, but this one seems to follow the games, not that I mind. Sure, I love the Resident Evil movies, not so much the games, but I do enjoy these books, so don't get me wrong about that. For a while, I was burning through these books. I only stopped for...well I don't even know what reason, maybe I just needed a reading break. I'm definitely going to pick this one up at some time and give it a go. only 2 more books to go in this series. ;)

Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin...Book #2
Okay, so this is definitely a popular series going around right now due to the mini series they've concocted; however, when I read the first book I didn't realize it would become so popular. The first was okay, nothing special in my opinion, and the only reason I want to continue reading is because my friend Xandra loves these.
Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind...Book #4.
I just finished reading book #3 and I'm hoping that this ones not a disappointment. I hope to read more about Cara and more about Kahlan. Hopefully I can see a shred of the old Richard still in there. I own the first 3 books and plan on purchasing the 4th sometime this summer if things go as planned.











There are many other books I want to read that I didn't add to this list, but hopefully this gives you an idea of the kind of books I plan on reading in the future. Though I might stray from the series and go for some solo novels, because I enjoy those as well. Just because a book or series isn't on this list right now, doesn't mean it's entirely out of bounds, it just means I didn't come across it on my good reads shelf as I was making this.

No comments:

Post a Comment