I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.
-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


Genre: Classic Literature/Romance/19th Century/Historical Fiction

This book is about this fellow named Heathcliff who falls in love with this woman named Catherine, but she ends up dying and he finds himself in turmoil.

Back Cover: "My greatest thought in living is Heathcliff. If all else perished and HE remained, I should still continue to be....Nelly, I AM Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure...but as my own being."


I have to honestly say, I hated pretty much every character of this book. Everyone is either really whiney or really mean inadvertently. I did grow fond of Hareton as the book continued on though. Overall, I didn't like the story of this book; however, I did enjoy the writing style and some of the wording. I can give credit to Emily Bronte for having been amazing with words if nothing else. It's not a terrible book, most people would probably like it. It's worth reading at least once, if you haven't yet.
Shame on anyone who thinks evil of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment